EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst will join EyeCare Partners’ Business Intelligence Center of Excellence supporting our patient engagement center, combining traditional financial planning and analysis with broader business communications, decision- making and strategy The Business Intelligence Analyst is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. Our team will be driven by top-tier talent, state-of-the-art systems and tools, and strategic process management to identify and deliver against the Company’s biggest value opportunities. We are creating a sustainable high-performing team that will develop talent and prioritize career growth through accelerated opportunities and progression. This is an opportunity to join the Business Intelligence team at a critical inflection point and shape how we do business into the future.
As a key member of the Corporate business intelligence Team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst provides analytics, reporting, and insights tackling the most critical aspects of our business. This position also creates dashboards, defines/manages data standards, and monitors performance across the company, overheads, and the industry. The BI Analyst generates forecasts using predictive modeling for various metrics. Using data analytics and working with various functions such as Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Human Resources and IT, team members are expected to analyze data, provide recommendations, and lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations with the relevant executives/teams throughout the company.
The ideal candidate will be naturally curious and will enjoy exploring the motivations that drive patient behavior. The ideal candidate will enjoy solving puzzles and understanding the reason the puzzle exists in the first place. The ideal candidate will have mastered translating data into insights and insights into action, and most of all, will want to personally make a big impact on a growing business.
- Key member of a growing business intelligence analyst team with a focus on operations analytics, marketing analytics and customer insights to identify initiatives for improvement of EyeCare Partners financial outlook,
- Integrates as strategic partner with cross-functional teams to develop real time reporting and provide context on revenue drivers and key metrics in order to report the financial health of the business to the senior team of the company and key stakeholders
- Develops deep knowledge of business, customer and competitive landscape and translates business questions into customer insight plans that includes mixed method research programs and actionable recommendations
- Develops financial models, diagnostic tools, and new analytical methods to identify trends, interpret results, and optimize profit both at the field and corporate level.
- Develops or applies appropriate statistical methods, and advanced analytics models (such as democratized machine learning models) as needed to create, maintain, or improve the needed model performance across the portfolio, working directly with the codebase to implement needed extensions, modifications, or updates.
- Analyzes and manages forecast model performance across a large portfolio of practice-level sales forecasts; develops and/ or applies statistical methods, and advanced analytics models to maintain or improve model performance across the portfolio.
- Responsible for model and code quality and documentation for the models within the product portfolio.
- Works on ad hoc financial analyses with other departments/business partners. Participates in special projects as assigned by the CEO, President and CFO.
- Publishes regular insights/reporting across the organization to measure and track KPI progress against customer goals and implications for planning and actions
- Ability to leverage insights and storytelling to influence senior executives and impact business decisions
- Demonstrates thought leadership by leveraging business knowledge to proactively identify new research opportunitiesRequirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, IT, or related field required
- 3+ years professional experience with SQL.
- Preferably experience working with enterprise data such as Finance, Operations, Marketing, or Merchandising.
- Preferably experience in the retail industry or healthcare industry.
- Familiarity in statistical or advanced analytics models is desirable.
- Database and query skills
- Familiarity in building reports, dashboards, and scorecards in MS Excel, Power BI or Tableau
- High proficiency MS Excel
- Familiarity with Python a plus
- Problem-solving, Critical thinking, Visualization and Storytelling skills
- Self-driven with high bias to action
- Comfort and clarity in shades of gray
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Superior communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong teamwork abilities