EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
We are looking for a corporate paralegal to join EyeCare Partners’ growing legal department. The ideal candidate enjoys working with people and independently managing projects and day-to-day tasks and has experience in an in-house legal department or a corporate law department at a law firm.
**This position can be on a hybrid schedule once training is complete**
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assisting with administration of Company’s capitalization and ownership information including the preparation of documentation associated with ownership transfers.
- Implementing and maintaining contracts, policies and other legal department records
- Preparing and reviewing routine legal department documents, including nondisclosure agreements, business associate agreements, real estate documents and employment agreements).
- Assisting in merger and acquisition-related matters
- Assisting in responding to Complaints from various state authorities (e.g., Attorney General Consumer Complaints)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of ECP’s business units
- Creating and maintaining corporate records databases; maintaining organization charts
- Coordinating and performing day-to-day activities relating to corporate governance matters and regulatory filings
- Coordinating with third party vendors regarding entity management matters
- Supporting efforts to prepare for meetings of boards of directors/managers and committees
- Responsible for creating resolutions, in coordination with an assigned member of the legal team
- Liaise with various board members and members of assigned committees to obtain signatures and approvals when necessary
- Ability to prioritize work tasks to provide high-quality work product to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, teamwork abilities, attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel), Google Workspace products (formerly G Suite) and Adobe Acrobat; and agility to learn new software as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or paralegal certificate required.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience as a paralegal for a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience in reviewing and/or preparing contracts and documentation supporting equity transfers in a private company. Ability to learn new areas quickly, take ownership of projects and work independently.
- Notary Public desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment, and ability to execute despite ambiguity
This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports.