EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Data Architect – Information Technology
EyeCare Partners is seeking an experienced professional who will serve as a Data Architect in our growing Enterprise Data & Analytics team which is responsible for deploying and supporting modern data platforms, analytics tools, enterprise data management, data integration & migrations, data engineering and enterprise analytics.
This role is responsible for the development and maintenance of data architecture solutions that are aligned with the Enterprise Data & Analytics strategy to enable optimal performance, stability, and scalability. This role is also responsible for migrating mission critical databases across multiple and various internal and external data sources and platforms as well as developing custom data migration solutions.
- Develop data and technology architecture strategies based on business scenarios and motivations.
- Develop and maintain the portfolio of information architecture strategy including data models, data strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization)
- Enhances batch routines by optimizing for more modern near real-time capabilities.
- Identifying areas for improvement in current systems
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Align technology strategies to key business performance metrics
- Auditing databases regularly to maintain performance and quality
- Be the subject matter expert in key data areas (e.g. data integration, data quality, master data governance, security).
- Develops and maintains a formal description of the data and data structures including the data models, data flow diagrams, data dictionaries and technical metadata.
- Be the approver of database/data structure design for custom homegrown applications.
- Troubleshoots database performance issues and sees the issues through resolution by working with product engineering and data engineering teams.
- Collaborates with solutions architects on driving standardized processes of all aspects of lifecycle of data starting with gathering, cleansing, transforming, loading, sharing with proper data governance, data quality and operational controls
- Collaborates with Data Engineers on data model, maintenance and optimization as well as end-to-end data integration strategy.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Optimizes performance of queries and ELT/ETL procedures.
- Develop architecture strategies, statements of direction, standards, and guidelines.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field; Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as a Data Architect
- 3+ years’ Data Warehouse experience i.e. designing Data Warehouse schemas as well as Data Mart schemas
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud architecture, technology and infrastructure ideally AWS and/or Snowflake
- Expertise in Python, Java or similar programing languages
- Expert knowledge of SQL and related SQL procedure languages.
- Good scripting skills (PowerShell, Linux and/or cloud scripting tools)
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate technology options and apply to complex business problems
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Capacity and commitment to acquiring new skills outside of current area of expertise
- Demonstrated passion and deep involvement with technology
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Proficient in Data Governance practices and experience
- Able to gather requirements from both IT and the Business partners
- Experience with “big data” tools and machine learning preferred
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, and GitLab
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment, and ability to execute despite ambiguity