EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Full Stack Engineering Lead (Java / Spring / AWS / Microservices)
We are looking for a passionate and highly motivated Software Engineering Lead with extensive experience in building scalable Cloud-native (AWS) Micro Services applications on Java technologies. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert and healthcare technologist, who can take responsibility for exceptional delivery & operations of our practice management (PM) – electronic health record (EHR) solution.
This position will work closely with the Product Management and Architecture teams to understand requirements and solution architecture, and deliver quality solutions that meet the architecture and business requirements. Must have passion in keeping up with cutting edge technologies - software trends, and apply them to enable business opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development & operations team of the PM-EHR application.
- Gather requirements from Product Management team, and provide technical design and documentation that aligns with the overall solution architecture.
- Direct/support contract staff engaged in the development of the application for the assigned business functions.
- Lead the effort in defining Non-functional requirements (NFR), and incorporate them to develop reliable (available, stable, high performance, scalable) applications.
- Hands-on development of Micro services APIs with Spring Boot on AWS Cloud.
- Work in an Agile framework with Sprints, Stories, and tickets for Issues (post go-live).
- Troubleshoot Issues and provide quick resolution and production support after application deployment.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required.
- Hands-on experience developing high volume transactional applications and maintaining data integrity.
- 6+ years of overall software development experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Full Stack Java application development in a lead role using Spring Boot, RESTful Micro services, Spring JPA, Typescript, Angular, ReactJS, etc.
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL) with ability to write optimized, high performance SQL queries.
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS Cloud systems (S3, Lambda, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in JUnit Development using Mockito.
- Strong understanding of DevOps techniques such as CI, CD, TDD, etc.
- Strong understanding of operational aspects of software solutions, including resiliency, security, reliability, etc.
- Strong understanding of design patterns, with hands-on experience in implementing and validating the application of design patterns.
- Experience with Messaging frameworks like Kafka, as well as caching technologies like Redis.
- Experience with Logging frameworks like ELK, and dashboard solutions like Grafana.
- Experience with Software Version Control like Git Lab, and Jira for Issue - Project tracking.
- Proven ability to quickly comprehend and adopt new technologies by doing quick technology POCs / Pilots to prove the business value.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new tools and tool features. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment.
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, transparency, empowerment, and accountability.
- The ability to travel up to 25% (if remote / as required)
- API Documentation using Swagger
- Code coverage - quality using SonarQube
- Creating CI/CD Pipelines using Jenkins
- Healthcare industry experience
- Understanding of PM – EHR systems
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (ex: HIPAA, CCPA, PCI, etc.)