EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
EyeCare Partners is currently seeking a Senior Accountant looking for their next step and ready to be a trusted member of the EyeCare Partners accounting and finance team. This position is part of the Gross Profit Accounting team within Finance, dedicated to Inventory and Cost of Product functions which serves as a subject matter expert. The successful candidate works closely with our Optical/Ophthalmology locations and Operations Leadership in the day-to-day and is responsible for recording aspects of Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Cost of Product/Goods Sold, and Inventory for all lines of business in many shapes and forms. Accountabilities of this position include, but not limited to, timely preparation of various monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and working with the Manager of Accounting (Inventory/COGS/Rebates) and provide critical month-end analysis of our Gross Profit Team’s balances and variances.
- Demonstrates business maturity with a progressive background in owning processes, driving improvements within teams, and coordination with outside contributors.
- Communicates and escalates proactively to manager and other stakeholders when issues arise; proposes solutions with presentation of problems independently.
- Co-owns AP approvals relevant to cost of product business transactions, understands reasoning for coding, and leads others in training and understanding of the same.
- Works effectively with Corporate Treasury team to research and advise of coding for cash posted in AR and cash received into our bank accounts monthly related to Inventory, COGS and Rebates.
- Holds a deep knowledge of Balance Sheet reconciliations for purpose of driving adjustments, reconciling items, and fluctuations in a timely manner as a part of closing responsibilities.
- Records routine journal entries associated with inventory and cost of goods monthly with documentation and a clean/detailed presentation of work.
- Holds experience with deferrals of cost and revenues and considerations that fold into the processes of calculations.
- Prepares journal entries to ensure transactions are entered into the accounting system accurately and by close deadlines.
- Drives problems to solution independently and engages/informs management when necessary.
- Implements standardized operating procedures and documentation to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Researches items included in financial audits and assist leadership with the audit process as delegated.
- Demonstrates cross-organizational skills and a customer service-oriented mindset in daily work.
- Researches and owns accountability for monthly variances related to assigned and unassigned journal entries/accounts. Works effectively to provide solutions and process improvement suggestions to management.
- Possesses professional communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to own and drive special projects as needed with approvals of management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification is a plus
- Orientation within Google environment and comfort using Google products such as Drive, Chat, Gmail
- 3-5 years relevant experience in corporate accounting, inventory/manufacturing industries. Revenue recognition experience not required, but a plus
- Knowledge of Accounting systems and ERP’s. Experience with SAP is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize and resolve variances independently
- Ability to multitask simultaneously and effectively prioritize work in a fast-pace environment
- Knowledge of Inventory systems, COP/COGS, and integrations within ERP’s
- Expert in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, excel functions)