EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
The Senior Manager of Operational Finance is responsible for assisting the operations finance team in the detailed financial analysis of EyeCare Partners healthcare operations. This role reports directly to one of the two Divisional CFOs at the company, and partners closely with either the Ophthalmology and Optometry leadership teams to drive operational improvements and efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a focus on growth, margin and profitability goals and contribute as a valued member of the team. The Senior Manager of Operations Finance develops, executes, and analyzes financial reports/models that aid in the decision making of the company. This strategic role will be responsible for the effective interpretation of financial information to identify key issues and strategies that support the company’s operational plan. Provide substantially improved and actionable recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Analyze, consolidate, interpret, and clearly communicate financial data for actuals, forecasts, and budgets to senior leadership. This will be done on a monthly and mid-month basis
- Understand and contribute to rapidly changing business models, drive collaboration across teams, develop recommendations on strategic investment decisions, and partner with business leaders to solve problems and achieve goals
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts. Utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Provide support and direction on financial activities including: completing month-end closing, preparing financial statements in accordance with GAAP, Accounts Receivable and Collections, and the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Partner with financial and operational leadership to understand and define important problems, gather, reconcile, and organize financial information, and interpret their results
- Create trusted partnerships and own relationships with a range of product and business leaders
- Develop financial and operational reports and models using Excel; familiarity with SAP, PowerBI and Adaptive Planning a strong plus
- Drive financial planning processes related to headcount and OpEx planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning
- Partner with operational leadership to justify capital requests including the calculation of potential returns on real estate investments (de novo or relocation projects)
- Other ad hoc requests/special projects consistent with company objectives
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Engineering
- 5-7+ years management consulting, corporate strategy, financial analysis and/or accounting experience
- 5-7+ years experience in financial planning, financial modeling, and creating data-driven analyses
- Proficient in MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- SAP, Adaptive Planning, or PowerBI experience a big plus
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups with different objectives and priorities to achieve consensus, ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to solve complex problems through concrete financial analytics and sound business judgment
- Ability to identify business and operational risks and define approaches to mitigate
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment, and ability to execute despite ambiguity or imperfect information
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and identify relevant patterns to help aid business decisions
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, meet reasonable or sometimes aggressive deadlines, develop realistic action plans, and adapt quickly to shifting priorities