EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Tax Senior Accountant-Indirect
EyeCare Partners is building a tax department and seeking a Tax Senior Accountant-State, Local & Indirect to be a trusted member of the EyeCare Partners team. This position is part of Finance and reports to the Tax Manager and Tax Director. This individual will utilize their knowledge to prepare and review supporting schedules to ensure tax compliance for this growing company.
Position Summary: Perform duties related to federal and state income tax compliance and ancillary tax items
- Assist with tax due diligence related to acquisitions and mergers
- Synchronize the acquisitions’ filing of indirect taxes and business licenses to EyeCare Partners
- Coordinate and file applications and renewals of state and local business licenses, franchise reports, etc.
- Organize and send monthly reporting for computation of sales and use taxes to third party preparer
- Review the preparation and filing of sales and use tax returns by third party, manage the related payments to taxing jurisdictions and maintain master calendar of monthly, quarterly and yearly filings
- Keep master listing of locations and jurisdictions assessing property tax and ensure compliance with annual payments
- Assist the Account Payable Rent analyst to ensure annual real estate taxes are being paid timely
- Filing of other indirect taxes such as the Commercial Activity Tax, etc.
- Assist in evaluating and issuing tax exemption certificates as requested by other departments
- Create and coordinate journal entries for accruals of all sales, use and property taxes on a monthly basis
- Prepare and send monthly payment allocation of sales and use taxes to the accounting department
- Maintain listing of all accounts with states for legal entities and online access to submit payments monthly, quarterly or annually
- Assist Senior Tax Director and Tax Manager with examinations and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred
- CPA certification or 3+ years of Specialty Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a tax position
- 2-3 years of experience in public accounting preferred
- Highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and other accounting software. Use of Microsoft Solomon/Dynamics and AnyBill a plus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, customer service and organizational skills a must
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to complete a task or project, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, matrixed environment, and ability to execute despite ambiguity