EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
The Director Procurement responsible for medical equipment asset management across the EyeCare Partners’ network. The Procurement Director will develop the Biomedical Team; ensuring that people, processes and platforms are well organized and established to meet the demands of our stakeholders. You will work with equipment manufacturers and third-party service providers, establishing service agreements, monitoring service performance, and asset lifecycle management. This role is closely aligned across both the Optometry and Ophthalmology Divisions, with close partnerships within our technology, finance and facilities business functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a team of biomedical professionals, provide world-class training, development, and support to your team members, and establish superior business support for all stakeholders
- Responsible for all Procurement activity facing the business, focusing primarily on the execution of category management and strategic sourcing, as well as elements of supplier management associated with the categories of spend.
- Develops strategic plans with the Procurement Senior Director and business unit leaders to support business unit objectives
- Ensure that all promised savings, risk management and other performance targets are met or exceeded and work with the Senior Director Procurement to package and communicate those results to the executive team.
- Develop a complete asset management lifecycle workflow and total cost of ownership business model
- Develop and maintain Medical Equipment Management Program (MEMP) standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Oversee the activities of equipment manufacturers and third-party service providers in relation to scheduled maintenance (SM), corrective maintenance (CM), and parts, test equipment, and manuals
- Develop a multi-year procurement strategy and ensure that the vendor base is capable of scaling with portfolio growth
- Champion continuous process, procedure, and system improvement in Procurement
- Communicates and escalates proposed changes to Procurement-wide processes and policies
- with respective service lines for the management of vendor partnerships
- Develops and shares learnings and practices in external networks and by making external connections
- Define service level agreements and measuring service provider performance; conducting business reviews with third parties
- Ensure flawless support for patient care across the organization by acting as an escalation point for business stakeholders and leadership
- Travel required?
- Strong leadership and coordination of maintenance and support of biomedical equipment and support systems
- Strong leadership attributes, relationship builder with suppliers and internal stakeholders, ability to influence stakeholders to meet objectives
- Technical understanding of equipment and systems
- Continuous improvement mindset to best support patient-care and business operations
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills;
- Proven record of building relationships within the organization and delivering world-class support
- High impact performer capable of building industry-leading standards and processes
- A proven track record in the Strategic Sourcing and cost savings initiatives, leading to sustainable reductions in cost of goods without compromising quality of products and services
- Experience in negotiating and managing contracts, sourcing, establishing vendor relationships, and ensuring compliance
- Demonstrated ability to lead Tactical Procurement Operations with efficiency and integrity
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor’s degree engineering or related field
- Minimum Required: 10 years more years related experience with 7years of management experience
LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and experience with ERP system
- Expert in asset management database software
NOTE: Job descriptions are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs. Nothing in this job description restricts management right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.