EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
IT Director, Product Engineering
The IT Director, Product Engineering is responsible for the delivery of architecture, design, development and support of our Practice Management/EMR product suite. This position works cross functionally with Product Management, Data & Analytics, Clinical teams, Operators and RCM teams. Reporting to VP, Engineering, this role provides the leadership, direction, and oversight for our continued engineering roadmap including defining and managing our strategic direction, growing and developing our team and supporting our ongoing agile development practices. Leads our custom PM/EMR applications and related systems development/implementation through internal resources and managing external development partners.
The ideal candidate would have the ability to attract, recruit and retain the industry's best talent and have the technical chops to effectively influence / participate in architectural / design discussions, strategic planning, roadmaps, and decisions to ensure we build impactful, compelling, and scalable solutions in an incremental fashion, unlocking hyper-growth, data-driven decision making and creating a world of possibilities for our customers / business. Success in the role requires agility and results-orientation, strategic and innovative thinking, a proven track record of delivering new customer-facing software products at scale
The Main Responsibilities
- Lead PM/EMR system projects, continuous improvement initiatives, business-as-usual, operational performance, production support and finances to ensure availability and reliable operation of our patient and provider facing PM/EMR systems eco-system.
- Responsible for development, enhancement and maintenance of PM/EMR system and integration of these into up and down stream systems
- Provide technical guidance to product owners to support scope, requirements, project estimation. Lead technical execution plans.
- Manage, mentor, train and provide guidance to internal and external developers encouraging technical skill growth and common development methodologies. Manage external vendor partnerships.
- Monitor product performance on an ongoing basis. Identifies solutions to optimize performance of products such as response time, page load times, search engine optimization, site testing and all other analytical key performance indicators. Responsible for site load and stress testing.
- Work with leaders to develop the strategic direction of the PM/EMR roadmap. Stay on top of changing technology in the digital technology space.
The Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of overall experience in developing and delivering microservices based application with multiple active projects/tracks.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing teams of software engineers, technical leads, architects and managers. Track record of continuously optimizing how teams work.
- Technical chops to understand the architecture, systems, problems, identify patterns, suggest solutions, and make the right decisions.
- Ability to matrix manages projects through the entire lifecycle (concept to completion).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead technical professionals.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to build constructive business relationships and gain the trust of others.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across workgroups.
- Proven experience in developing and executing plans, project financials, meeting deadlines, and operating under tight time constraints.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including such areas as team spirit, negotiation, collaboration, pitching in where needed, valuing and respecting individuals irrespective of seniority levels.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with and manage external vendors.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others within a matrix environment.
- Comfortable with some ambiguity and calculated risk-taking.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Software delivery leveraging agile practices at scale.
- Open-source software development languages & frameworks such as Java, Spring, Kafka, Grafana, Databases- PostGreSQL, NO SQL, Cassandra, etc.
- Front-end technologies such as React.js, Typescript, Node, Express, etc.
- Expertise in building highly scalable and transactional cloud native customer-facing applications.
- Good understanding of infrastructure, networks, and security with a focus on security life cycle management and cybersecurity.
- Experience with building CI / CD and DevOps solutions.