EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Manager Market Analytics
The Manager, Market Analytics is a critical leadership role that is responsible for generating foundational market understanding across EyeCare Partners optometry and ophthalmology and building deep market expertise and knowledge through the execution of data strategy, analytical forecasts, market performance tracking, as well as secondary market research. Success within this position will be achieved through high-quality execution, inspired analytics that connect data to actionable business decisions, and developing relationships with internal and external business partners.
This position will report into Sr. Director, Strategic Insights & Marketing Excellence and collaborate closely with cross-functional business partners including marketing, operations, business intelligence, and business development.
The position will be based in St. Louis, MO.
- Market data & intelligence:
- Identify and manage multiple data sources to design and implement market data infrastructure & repository including eye care market category trends, competitor intelligence and key stakeholder dynamics etc. Track market dynamics and intelligence by leveraging multiple data sources
- Understand market dynamics to provide expertise on data interpretation for the organization. Analyze eye care market segments and key competitors utilizing multiple information sources (primary and secondary data) to provide actionable business insights.
- Develop market models for market forecast and opportunities evaluation to support strategic planning and influence business decisions
- Marketing performance evaluation & business opportunity analysis:
- Partner with 3rd party medial or research organizations to lead marketing performance analysis to develop actionable insights to drive marketing excellence and accelerate growth
- Synthesize complex data from multiple sources across internal and external data to identify key business issues, find opportunities and challenges, and develop recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, bringing a strong understanding of available data, analyses, and performance to drive marketing strategy decisions
- Marketing Measurement tracking & reporting
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Data strategy and Finance) to design and execute impactful measurement frameworks and dashboards to track the effectiveness of marketing strategies and initiatives
- Help ensure data alignment, consistent reporting, and support data validation activities as the need arises. Translate complex data and insights into clear and concise data visualizations and narrative
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in insights, analytics, or a related field.
- Deep analytical expertise and experience working with syndicated data, panel data and other research required
- Strong analytical skills, such as data modeling, decision analysis and forecasting is required. Understand complex or ambiguous business problems and be resourceful in identifying solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complicated findings in a simple manner.
- Collaboration skills and ability to form and maintain cross‐functional partnership.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Requires up to 10% travel
- 8+ years of experience in the market and/or business analytics and forecasting in industries such as Optometry, Ophthalmology, Medical Devices, Healthcare, or Pharmaceuticals or similar industries
- Ability to distill multiple pieces of qualitative and quantitative information into meaningful storylines, conclusions, and recommendations. Experience in translating vague or poorly defined information needs into actionable, researchable issues.
- Strong experience leading vendors and partners for market research/syndicated data crafting solid partnerships that will improve our insights discovery.
- Experience in one or more of these data analysis tools - visualization/data discovery (Tableau, Power BI).
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to impact decision-making; willingness to “have an opinion” backed by insight and confidence to influence key stakeholders.
- Attention to detail while managing competing priorities, tight time pressures, and project budgets
- Strong communication skills - ability to think analytically and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.