EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Marketing Strategic Insights Manager
The Marketing Strategic Insights Manager will be an integral part of the marketing team at EyeCare Partners. The role will focus on leading customer research, brand health analysis and delivering strategic insights at EyeCare Partners to uncover growth opportunities, inform key business decisions, and drive business outcomes. This position will play a leading role in delivering impactful recommendations, shaping decision-making, and driving organizational action that will influence marketing strategy, brand positioning and campaign development across the organization. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of quantitative/qualitative problem-solving skills, a sharp strategic mind grounded in insights, and a strong focus on driving impact.
This position will report into the Sr. Director, Strategic Insights & Marketing Excellence, and collaborate closely with cross-functional business partners including marketing, operations, business intelligence, and business development. The ideal candidate will be flexible, agile, and a market research expert with phenomenal analytical and communication skills.
The position will be based in St. Louis, MO.
- Identification and planning of market research needs:
- Partner with cross functional teams to evaluate business questions, identify knowledge gaps within the organization. Develop and execute plans to drive knowledge and understanding of patients and consumers with clear, impactful business priorities
- Market research project management:
- Frame business problems into research brief by defining research objectives, methodology and deliverables. Design and execute primary and secondary market research, synthesizing the results from the research into actionable recommendations.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumers/patients, caregivers and other stakeholders in the eye care market to support EyeCare Partners in driving consumer/patient impact
- Act as a thought partner and advisor to all relevant teams and stakeholders by providing integrated insights based on research studies, connecting the dots across multiple sources and interpreting implications that address key business issues.
- Strategic partners’ relationship management:
- Proactively source and build a pool of qualified research partners with in-depth industry expertise for long term partnership
- Leads strategic supplier management for primary and syndicated research for EyeCare Partners. Ensures high quality, cost effective strategic relationships with external partners.
- Insight knowledge management and sharing:
- Develop and execute plans to keep stakeholders educated on available market insight & data resources. Responsible for ensuring efficient management of data and insights.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships by adding value based on insights. Act as an expert and owner of insight resources to uncover important unmet needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in insights, including primary and secondary market research.
- Experience of technical market research and analytics in quantitative and qualitative research techniques and syndicated business analyses.
- Understanding on how to collect business questions, define hypotheses, design and execute research/analysis, and revert results.
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate primary and secondary research data into actionable insights to drive decision-making.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complicated findings in a simple manner.
- Experience in managing partners of market research/syndicated data for solid partnerships
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Requires up to 15% travel
- Strong knowledge of and experience with primary and secondary market research tools/syndicated market data and techniques
- Experiences in industries such as Optometry, Ophthalmology, Medical Devices, Healthcare, or Pharmaceuticals or similar industries
- Experience with market competitive intelligence strongly preferred
- Strong leadership agility and demonstrated success solving ambiguous business issues
- Proficiency in understanding market landscape and surfacing insights across multiple primary data sources
- Strong experience translating research or analysis to concise, compelling business stories that influence decisions and strategy
- Experience acting as a strategic thought partner to teams; Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think outside the box