EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Senior Director, EPMO
About the role:
The Senior Director of the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) has the critical role of supporting the overall company strategic plan by leading the team to drive and deliver the business-critical portfolio of investments, initiatives, business standards, and processes across department boundaries.
The EPMO leader develops, motivates, and supports a team of operation and project managers (within the EPMO and project managers and leaders in other organizations), to enhance process and productivity performance for enterprise-wide and internal project processes and provide leadership with project/portfolio level reporting insights and metrics throughout the entire lifecycle of initiative projects.
The successful candidate will be a strategist, trusted colleague, and tactical portfolio leader with a proven track record in complex problem solving, expert in building teams and relationships, and portfolio initiative execution. This person will have extensive experience in analytical and data-driven consulting and integrating technology and information to optimize the effectiveness of strategic initiatives.
What you will do:
- Define, communicate, and execute the vision and strategies for effective enterprise portfolio and project management across the organization
- Own enterprise portfolio management from ideation through the realization of the benefits it set out to provide
- Own process for budget creation, tracking, reporting and look for opportunities to streamline spend
- Present and report portfolio performance and recommendations to the board and c-suite (executive leadership team)
- Collaborate and build relationships with key business and PMO leaders
- Influence the right solutions for the strategic plan and portfolio based on data, goals, and current events and challenges.
- Supervise and lead a group of enterprise project managers and support staff based on portfolio project best practices, business standards, processes, and performance metrics.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and support to enable the EPMO team and all project managers to deliver on-time business initiatives and projects.
- Facilitate portfolio and project governance
- Complete data analytical review and present vital results and recommendations to meet business, customer, partner, and team goals
- Deliver Quarterly Portfolio Review of initiative projects including established KPI metrics, a resource update, overall processes, and tools
- Keep Leadership informed of changes related to new and ongoing initiatives within the organization; resolve and/or escalate project issues in a timely fashion
- Deliver engaging, informative, and well-organized presentations, data, and investment results.
- Lead identification and implementation of PPM platform
- 10+ years of leadership experience in portfolio and program management, change management, strategy, or a related field.
- Effectively influence and negotiate with leaders and team members that do not directly report to this role.
- Proven success in portfolio management and large-scale, cross-functional program delivery from strategy to execution
- Self-starter with critical strategic thinking to influence to meet portfolio goals
- Experience working with the board and executive leadership team, also jump in and guide junior level project management resources
- Prefer but not required - formal training in project or portfolio management methodologies and/or certifications
- Experience running and executing multi-million-dollar portfolio across multiple departments, systems, and businesses – Prefer healthcare experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo with transformation thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results-oriented environment
- Experience using various project delivery methodologies