EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Senior Manager - Cloud Solutions Architecture
Looking for a passionate and highly motivated Senior Manager of Cloud Solutions Architecture with extensive experience in Cloud & Micro Services architecture to join our team in a permanent capacity. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert and healthcare technologist, who can take responsibility for exceptional delivery of our overall infrastructure, including networking, telephony, cyber security, and cloud (AWS/Azure). Must be a strategic thinker who can drive our next-generation Architecture on Cloud, Micro Services, Containers, DevOps, etc.
This position will be responsible for a team of engineers and work closely with the Infrastructure, Security and software development teams to understand requirements and enable the architecture development and design of quality solutions that meet the requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with all levels of the organization to develop an overall architecture strategy and provide technical leadership throughout a program lifecycle
- Direct/support contract staff who may be assigned to assist in the solution architecture development process for the assigned business functions.
- Translate business goals into appropriate solutions while assessing feasibility and optimization of the solution.
- Technical consultant for application development teams by partnering closely with the other technology groups to develop the end-to-end solution architecture, including application, data, system integration, security, and infrastructure domains.
- Develop and drive solution architectures that will enable applications to have exceptional operational qualities such as high availability/performance, seamless integration (loosely coupled), and high quality/reliability.
- Own the end-to-end architectural responsibilities (e.g., Application health check, modernization, cloud-native design) to drive roadmaps, technology standards, and target state architectures across the portfolio (avoid technology debt, duplication, and silos).
- Raise awareness within the organization on ‘AWS well-architected’ framework. Lead the efforts in getting the solution ‘AWS well–architected’ certified.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of overall Information Technology experience, of which 3+ years in a solution architect role.
- 2+ years of experience architecting cloud (AWS) based Micro Services solutions.
- Hands-on experience building new and transforming existing applications to cloud services and next-generation architectures using technologies including Java, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience architecting – implementing cloud-native middleware (ESB) solutions.
- Subject matter expertise in design patterns related to cloud, system integration, Micro Services, CDN, etc.
- Proven ability to quickly comprehend and adopt new technologies by doing quick technology POCs / Pilots to prove the business value and formalize it as enterprise standards and build reference architectures.
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new tools and tool features. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced work environment.
- Proactive and forward-thinking attitude and creative problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated values of collaboration, transparency, empowerment, and accountability.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other four-year degree in a relevant field is required.
- AWS certification Solutions Architect - Professional.
- Understanding of characteristics of various open source licenses, and the constraints they may impose.
- Exceptional understanding of operational metrics (KPI).
- Experience implementing one or more architectural frameworks.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Understanding of PM – EHR systems
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (ex: HIPPA, CCPA, PCI, etc.)
POSITION TYPE: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
LOCATION: 100% remote
TRAVEL REQUIRED: up to 25%