EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
Job Title: Billing Specialist
We are looking for a knowledgeable Billing Specialist to join our team who possesses a high degree of
professionalism, excellent communication skills, is dependable and able to work independently.
Billing Specialist Responsibilities:
• Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software including electronic, website
submission, and paper claim processing
• Status unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
• Timely review/handling of insurance claim denials, exceptions, or exclusions
• Forwards requests for medical records to appropriate internal resources
• Addresses/corrects demographic information requested by insurance company
• Ability to read and accurately interpret insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB’s)
• Verifying insurance payments for accuracy/compliance based on contracts to ensure correct
reimbursement is received
• Following up directly with insurance companies regarding payment discrepancies
• Utilizing aging reports and work flow statuses provided by Supervisor to address any unpaid or
open claims over 30, 60, 90, and 120 plus
• Coordination of Benefits (COB) – Ability to Identifying and bill secondary or tertiary
• Documenting denials associated with Patient responsibility to forward to the collection team
• Ability to research and appeal denied claims
• Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts
• Report payment discrepancies or denial trends identified to Supervisor as soon as they are
identified for assigned accounts
• Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisor or Upper Management Team
• Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role for 2+ years
• Experience with CPT and ICD-9/10; Familiarity with medical terminology
• Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
• Computer experience is essential, including, but not limited to: practice management software,
clearing houses, MS Office, and spreadsheet applications
• Adhering to company standards of compliance with policies and procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Keep Supervisor abreast weekly of any concerns or issues associated with accounts
• Detailed oriented
• Consistent production results
• Good problem solving and research skills
• Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.