EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
End User Computing Technician II
The End User Computing Technician II will be responsible for the procurement, installation, configuration, and servicing of hardware and software within EyeCare Partner’s geographically dispersed, multi-site environment. This position supports a broad range of IT hardware and software across multiple client verticals.
The selected professional will be responsible for ordering, tracking, configuring and deployment of hardware and software within the environment. They will be responsible for the support of operating systems, business tools and physical workstations, including laptops, desktops, peripherals and network devices, among others; acting as a subject matter expert for the End User Computing team
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing company and multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems.
- Diagnose and resolve various hardware performance issues, make decisions when appropriate related to replacing existing user workstation equipment and carry out the entire product replacement process, including the removal of existing IT assets as well as the implementation of new IT assets at our organization’s brick and mortar locations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance.
- Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services or problem escalation.
- Will contribute directly to the implementation of new company service solutions.
- Manage all IT assets, including tagging in / out existing and new IT assets as they are rolled out to end users.
- Ensure the best possible experience when setting up new user equipment, perform the necessary onsite testing to assure existing and / or new employees have access to equipment, applications, and various other technical solutions.
- Work with vendors in various regions to provide onsite support
- Act as a subject matter expert for the End User Computing team
- 3+ years of experience working in a field services support capacity, with specific experience in the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of IT assets (Laptops, Desktops, Peripherals), troubleshooting and resolving any and all technical issues which require onsite service support.
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience troubleshooting and supporting local area data networking (hardware/software/protocols and best practices), network security and Microsoft server system administration.
- Must be open to working onsite at various locations with an expected amount of travel per year to be roughly 50%.
- Advanced knowledge of standard Microsoft Productivity Applications such as Microsoft Office and Outlook. Familiarity with all major web browsers including Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Working knowledge of Apple operating systems and various hosted applications such as Google’s G-Suite and Microsoft’s Office 365 desirable