EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with established Federal, State and accreditation standards and ASC policies and procedures. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under his/ her direction. Participates in direct patient care and maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking - Ability to make sound nursing judgment based on nursing theory. Demonstrates primary nursing accountability through coordination, communication and continuity of patient care. Must be able to assess, prioritize, plan and implement direct patient care in an effective manner.
- Interpersonal - Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner. Maintains effective communication with patients, families, physicians, and other staff. Able to work within a team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Recognizes each department’s significance and works appropriately with other departments. Good communication skills: oral and written. Complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Job Knowledge/ Responsibilities - Performs their duties in an ethical and legal manner within the scope of their license as defined by the State of Michigan. Maintains medical records in an accurate and legible manner. Has the ability to adhere to work schedule, be organized, manage time effectively and in a cost effective manner. Ability to respond to emergent situations. Participates in continuing education/in-service training as needed, staff meetings. Ability to work independently and within a group. Follows physician orders and directions from management. Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment. Assists in training new staff when needed.
- Attendance – Arrives to work area on time and has minimal absences.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current RN License, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required
- Adult Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Must have at a minimum previous nursing experience in at least one of the following settings: ambulatory surgical center (ASC), PACU, ICU, Medical Surgical or Telemetry floors
LANGUAGE SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Printer, copier, telephone, and fax
- Knowledge of patient monitoring and emergency equipment
The employee must be able to:
- Walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Occasionally be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally be able to push up to an excess of 200 pounds
- Occasionally be able to pull/ lift patients with the assistance of other personnel and or assistive devices, up to an excess of 400-500 pounds
- Occasionally be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb
ACCIDENT OR HEALTH HAZARDS
- Regular exposure to blood and body substances
- Exposure to needle sticks possible
- Works in well-lit and ventilated surroundings including pre-operative/ PACU areas, nurse's stations, procedure rooms, lounge, etc.
- May occasionally be exposed to outside environment
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.