EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
The Patient Relations Project Manager will perform project management duties to support the key operational and strategic contact center programs and projects. Under the direction of the Director of Patient Relations, this role will work collaboratively with the Patient Relations and Referral teams to identify, assess, and implement opportunities to optimize business operations and achieve business results within defined timeframes, dependencies, and stakeholders. Additionally, this role will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to facilitate and lead Contact Center integration efforts for newly acquired practices. This includes significant interaction, influence, and alignment with leadership, both departmental and cross functional leaders across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are general responsibilities associated with the job and are listed in order of greatest to least amount of time spent on the duties.
- Assist the Director of Patient Relations with all departmental project management activities; Plans, develops, leads, and executes on multiple or as assigned project(s); including projects with a high degree of complexity, foundational, and/or transformational projects to meet established goals, objectives and timelines
- Manages the detailed operational integration plan and execution for newly acquired practices
- Collaborate heavily with the Eyecare Partner’s Integration team and the Patient Relation’s department management team to implement and guide roll out of new practices into the Contact Center; participating in due diligence reviews and outlines the Contact Center integration plan, including but not limited to managing of the following responsibilities:
- Workflows, Policies, & Protocols: Plans and rolls out applicable user guides, job aides, department policies and operating procedures, processes, training, and instructions to maintain the Contact Center’s standard work and training documentation for incoming Contact Center team members. Applicable processes include Scheduling, Real Time Eligibility, and Pre-Registration protocols and procedures
- Metrics: Identifying data sources, available metrics and KPIs for productivity measurement, quality assurance, and communication; strategies the rollout of team member and management productivity and quality assurance expectations and success factors
- Staffing: Coordinate with HR and management to integrate team members into new Job descriptions, roles and responsibilities, org chart(s) with new reporting relationships; completing staffing analysis and developing roll out plans to implement appropriate staffing levels; Remote/work from home model; Culture plan
- IT: Collaborate with technology counterparts to implement the appropriate tools, applications, access, security profiles, configuration settings, for new practice team members
- Templates: Project manages and facilitates the effective transition and cut over of new scheduling templates, while incorporating doctor times and reporting on provider utilization in accordance with the doctor contracts; Ensures the practice scheduling protocols are updated or created to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Achieve goals and objectives by developing detailed project plans with timelines and milestones while conforming to organizational budgets, goals, and quality; must collaboratively hold staff and peers accountable while keeping project team members engaged and motivated to meet agreed-upon deadlines. Ability to articulate qualitative and quantitative project impacts and benefit realization
- Meet with senior management when necessary to assist with project management and integration activities including reporting, work processes, technology relating to scheduling, Patient Relations, and Referral Teams
- Escalates and communicates projects risks, concerns, and dependencies where appropriate to the Director of Patient Relations or the applicable project stakeholders
- Effectively facilitates projects discussions including design sessions, issues resolution, optimization reviews, testing discussions, implementation planning, project monitoring, etc.
- Incorporates and utilizes project management techniques with each project by:
- Defining clear objectives, scope, team ground rules, etc.
- Keeping the team focused and motivated
- Outlining clear action items, decisions made,
- Identifying and documenting applicable “parking lot” items to review or resolve
- Effectively managing team member personalities, group dynamics, and team momentum; time boxing, impact matrices,
- Outlining clear, concise, and purposeful meeting agendas
- Provides professional and/or technical leadership in the execution of day-to-day project activities
- Facilitates the identification of gaps in service level/processes to identify potential areas for improvement
- Meet with senior management to report staffing, technology, scheduling issues as it relates to Patient Relations and Referrals
- Communicates within and across area(s) to maximize information sharing around progress, needs, interdependencies and/or accomplishments.
- Work closely with and communicate regularly with Clinic Directors, Managers and Supervisors to create cohesion, positive work relations and efficiency through all ECP and partners.
- Create and distribute applicable project reports as needed to senior management as it relates to Patient Relations and the Referral teams
- Maintain a positive working relationship with practice physicians, extended team, patients, and other healthcare professionals
- Maintain a current understanding of clinic operations and procedures
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethical behavior
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job at a satisfactory level.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) (Required)
- 3 years relevant experience (Required)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job at a satisfactory level.
- Ability to methodically create and execute on an integration project management plan
- Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
- Highly driven, self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
- Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality
- Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, break down work into manageable and measurable units, estimating time and costs appropriate to the stage of the project
- Works with basic project management tools, either paper-based or computer software systems
- Analyzes the difference between the current and desired state, and develop concrete steps for completion
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, communicating to and managing resources effectively
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with excellent problem-solving skills
- Well organized with the ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality
Decision Making: Common decisions made in the job and the level of review or autonomy needed to finalize such decisions.
- HIPAA compliance and Meaningful Use
- Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
- Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change
Work Environment: Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions
- Able to work in a remote environment while performing required duties and remaining patient focused
Physical Requirements: Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and sometimes sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.