EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
No experience required, willing to train for the right candidate!
An Ophthalmic Technician is a valuable asset to an ophthalmologist as they assist in providing excellent patient care to the patients during their visit. An Ophthalmic Technician is able to handle a wide range of duties while using equipment to perform the initial testing needed to prepare a patient for an exam with an ophthalmologist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter (in person or via phone)
- Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile, and thank them when they leave
- Practice urgency at all times with patient’s time, as well as doctor’s time and schedule
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Verify patient information by interviewing patient
- Recording medical history, current medications and confirming purpose of visit
- Records all data in the patient's electronic medical record
- Checks condition of patient's eyes by observing pupils, muscles, visual acuity, and extraocular movements
- Required skills include: dilation, refraction, pressures, and performing a variety of diagnostic tests including FA’s, fundus photos
- Assist with retina lasers, procedures and injections
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, diseases, symptoms and ocular medications, scribing. Understands sterile technique
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Ability to work overtime when the business is in need
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, COA or COT is preferred.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.