EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
The Executive Director, Clinical Operations will possess a high level of understanding of how to lead patient care teams in a healthcare delivery environment. He/She is responsible for the operations of a large ophthalmology practice or a small set of practices. The leader will oversee the professional development of the management team, develop and implement growth strategies, implement operations best practices and will partner with other leaders within their division to execute ECP’s strategic vision. This is a key leadership member and will work in a fast-paced, but flexible engaging environment.
- Thinks strategically; identifies where clinic operations could be in 12 – 24 months, and implements plans in partnership with the VP, Regional Director, Clinic Operations, and practice physicians to assist in achieving strategic destination
- Identifies opportunities to continue to propel business towards “world class,” design solutions for such opportunities, implement, and monitor progress
- Demonstrates knowledge of mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical behavior
- Develops and implements practice growth strategies
- Carries out corporate initiatives
- Manage and oversee operations staff for a large practice or set of practices.
- Remains educated and in-tune with trends in healthcare, reimbursement, operations, etc. on a national and local level.
- Analyzes practice financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented to improve profitability
- Identifies goals and translates them into functional and actionable goals for team
- Achieves cooperation and teamwork through effective communications and positive relations with physicians, leadership, and staff
- Partner with practice physicians to identify doctor needs, areas for specialty expansion and physician recruitment
- Works to continuously assess all staffing needs in support of practice operations and driving for continued upskilling of talent through hiring, identify changes to physician schedules and adjust coverage as needed
Relevant Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership: Develops and Maintains a successful platform of leadership – strategy/structure/process/people
- Team Building: Recruit, Develop, train and motivate a best-in-class care team
- Results-oriented: Guides, coaches, and drive the team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Collaboration: Works effectively with functional team members, physicians, other practices, etc., and ensures adequate communication and change management through the process
- Vision: Intimately knows the business, industry, care model and can shape future delivery for our patients and success of the overall organization
- Critical Thinking/Analytical: Excellent problem solver and ability to see all sides to come to the best decision
- Change Management: Ability to drive change through an organized process, bringing people along to ensure results are achieved
Minimum Demonstrated Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Management, required Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- 10+ years of practice management experience required.
- Ophthalmology/retina experience admin experience is preferred
- Experience in a multi-site organization
- Experience working in a growth-oriented, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated excellent management skills, program implementation, and quality improvement
- Proven success in growing a healthcare operation
- Must have demonstrated experience in partnering with physicians in clinic expansion
- Must be proficient in Excel and Power Point
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
15933 Clayton Road, Ballwin, MO 63011 | 636.227.2600 | www.Eyecare-partners.com