EyeCare Partners is the nation’s leading provider of clinically integrated eye care. Our national network of over 300 ophthalmologists and 700 optometrists provides a lifetime of care to our patients with a mission to enhance vision, advance eye care and improve lives. Based in St. Louis, Missouri, over 650 ECP-affiliated practice locations provide care in 18 states and 80 markets, providing services that span the eye care continuum. For more information, visit www.eyecare-partners.com.
JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant
Serves as support personnel, under the direction of a registered nurse (RN), in accordance with established regulations for the practice of Medical Assistant, Federal, State, and accreditation standards and SLESLC policies and procedures. Participates in direct patient care and maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment. Identifies and reports to the supervisor inventory/ supply needs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking- Ability prioritize, plan, and implement patient care within the scope of their practice. Ability to handle stress associated with prioritizing multiple tasks. Above
average organization skills.
- Interpersonal / Teamwork-Demonstrates a positive, friendly and courteous manner. Maintains a professional attitude. Maintains effective communication with patients, families, physicians, and other staff. Must be able to effectively work within a team. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Recognizes each department’s significance and works appropriately with other departments. Above average communication skills: oral and written. Complies with HIPAA regulations.
- Job Knowledge/Responsibilities-Performs their duties in an ethical and legal manner within the scope of their certification. Complies with reporting adverse incidents. Has the ability to adhere to work schedule, be organized, manage time effectively and in a cost effective manner. Participates in continuing education/in-service training as needed, staff meetings and the QAPI/ Infection Control programs. Ability to work independently and within a group. Follows physician/nursing and Management directions accurately and efficiently. Actively participates in the development of a healthy work environment.
- Primary Job Duties-Assists in pre and post-op with vital signs. Cleans/disinfects and makes stretchers. Assists with patient transfers and discharges. Stocks/restocks supplies. Maintains par levels of supplies needed for patient care and notifies charge nurse of shortages. Maintains clean/dirty linen. Maintains a neat, clean environment in the unit. Performs CLIA waived point of care test. Assists in training new staff on role and responsibilities, either agency staff or permanent staff. Maintains equipment in good working order and notifies charge nurse of repair needs. Offers refreshment to patients as instructed by RN.
- Attendance-Arrives to work area on time and has minimal tardies and absences.
- High School diploma or GED
- Completion of medical assistant certification program preferred but not required
- Must be able to provide proof of their identity and their right to work in the United States
LANGUAGE SKILLS/COMPUTER SKILLS
- Printer, copier, telephone, and fax
- Proficient in English language
The employee must be able to:
- Walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Regularly be able to push up to an excess of 200 pounds
- Regularly be able to pull/ lift patients with the assistance of other personnel and or assistive devices, up to an excess of 400-500 pounds
- Regularly be able to bend, stoop, kneel and climb
ACCIDENT OR HEALTH HAZARDS
- Regular exposure to blood and body substances
- Exposure to needle sticks possible
- BloodBorne pathogen risk classification category #1
- Exposure to substances/chemicals i.e. alcohol, peroxide, bleach
- Works in well-lit and ventilated surroundings including pre-operative/ PACU areas, nurse's stations, procedure rooms, lounge, etc.
- May regularly be exposed to outside environment
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.